This is the pair using leftover yarn. I interspersed the variegated with a solid peach for the leg and instep. When I ran out I added a solid light grey. The point is to stretch out the variegated as far as it will go. I suppose I could stretch it further were I to use a third inserted colour.
This was the original pair knit from the variegated with contrasting cuff, heel, toe.
I may have been quiet for the last three weeks but I’ve been knitting and sewing away each day!
Finished this pair of socks from leftover bits of yarn. I find I enjoy turning those bits of yarn into something that’s even more interesting than some of the variegated patterned yarns.
I like this pair so well that they’ve gone in my sock drawer instead of the give-away pile.
Of course I started a next pair straight away.
Another pair from leftovers. I see now the cuff should have been in the purple rather in light blue – had I done that the color would have flowed from dark to light. I could change the cuff by unraveling this one and knitting a new one from sock to edge – but really that’s more work than it’s worth! They’ve been put in my sock drawer as they are. That’s it without taking a couple of pair out!